Concierge services are available to help Penn State researchers navigate the complex administrative and technical processes and services that are vital to their research. Concierge services are available both centrally and within units.
Individual unit-specific concierge services can be reached by the methods outlined above. It is good practice to include as much information as possible in your initial inquiry to reduce the overall response time.
Penn State offers a variety of concierge services to assist researchers with navigating the administrative complexity of the university:
- The Senior Advisor for Research Computing and Cyberinfrastructure (aka the "Research Guru") is available to help all Penn State researchers, post-docs, grad students, research associates, and research staff, individually and collectively, with any question related to research computing and cyberinfrastructure. Initiate an engagement by emailing the Senior Advisor directly.
- The College of Health and Human Development has Research Administrative staff specifically dedicated to assisting researchers with IT-related requests and concerns. Visit the College of Health and Human Development Research website to initiate an engagement.
- The College of Liberal Arts staffs IT personnel specifically dedicated to assisting researchers with IT-related requests and concerns; they can be reached through the College of Liberal Arts IT website.
- The Eberly College of Science also host IT staff specifically dedicated to assisting researchers with IT-related requests/concerns. Visit the Eberly College of Science IT website to initiate an engagement.
- Other colleges and departments at Penn State offer research support more broadly as part of their general IT support. You may want to visit the appropriate:
Penn State offers additional research concierge services not directly related to research computing and cyberinfrastructure:
- The College of Medicine's Research Concierge Service (RCS) is a service of Research Development at Penn State College of Medicine. The RCS helps investigators strengthen grant writing skills, form collaborative teams and develop complex research proposals. Visit the RCS website to learn more or initiate an engagement.
- The Office of Technology Management Concierge Service offers assistance to companies wishing to engage Penn State with respect to licensing intellectual property. Submit an OTM inquiry here.
- This is an active service
- Anyone engaged in Penn State research can email questions to the Senior Advisor directly
- Unit-specific concierges are available to researchers within their individual units