Pennsylvania Spatial Data Access (PASDA)
Pennsylvania Spatial Data Access (PASDA) is Pennsylvania's official public access open geospatial data portal. PASDA was developed in 1995 by the Pennsylvania State University and has served as the geospatial data portal for Pennsylvania for over twenty three years.
PASDA was developed as a service to the citizens of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The purpose of PASDA is to serve as the Commonwealth's comprehensive and coordinated open geospatial data portal that provides free public access to geospatial data and information by, for, and about the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. PASDA is Pennsylvania's node on the National Spatial Data Infrastructure,Geospatial One-Stop, and is integrated with the National States Geographic Information Council GIS Inventory.
PASDA has also created a series of tutorials designed to assist PASDA users with data, software, and applications available through the site, in addition to free apps and tools to visualize and explore data.
Any state agency, local government, non governmental agency, or academic institution can share its geospatial data through PASDA at no charge. For information about sharing data, please visit our Participate in PASDA page.
To search for data, use PASDA's Advanced Search.
All annual reports, publications, and statistics are available on the PASDA Publications page.
The data made available through PASDA is provided to encourage the widespread sharing of geospatial data, eliminate the creation of redundant data sets, and to further build an inventory (through the development and hosting of metadata) of available data relevant to the Commonwealth. PASDA serves as a resource for locating data throughout the Commonwealth through its data storage, interactive mapping applications, and metadata/documentation efforts:
- PASDA provides free access to/storage of geospatial data that can be shared by anyone with an internet connection
- PASDA builds partnerships that enhance ease of access to data by community and to benefit the data provider
- PASDA developes data access resources and innovative tools to enhance the use and benefits of geospatial data for all citizens of the Commonwealth and geospatial community
- PASDA supports long term archiving and preservation of data for the benefit of the Commonwealth and future generations
This service is part of the Research Data category.
- This is an active service
- To share:
- Any state agency, local government, non governmental agency, or academic institution can share its geospatial data
- To search:
- Anyone with an internet connection is able to search for data sets
- An internet connection
- PASDA services are provided free of charge to all users and data stakeholders